[Advaita-l] Creation & Creator

Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Fri Jun 20 07:20:54 CDT 2014

Would it not be better to understand instead that  jivatva ( jivahood/notion of being a jiva ) is negated/destroyed at the time of selfrealization ?

praNAms Sri ChandramouLi prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Sorry, I have a curious question here.  At the time  self-realization whether jeeva realizes its svarUpa with the self-awareness ( note the self which is related to 'ego') or at the time of realization jeeva would lose his identity completely (a complete eradication of self-awareness) ??  If his realization is of later type then he should not be able to live anymore in the shareera with self-identification (parichinna chaitanya) so, sudden physical death  would be the result.  If the realization is of former type, then jeeva would realize that I am nothing but that brahman.  Like wave realizing that I am looking like wavebut in reality I am nothing but WATER.  In this type of realization 'waveness' would continue, but wave's realization is that it was / is / will be nothing but water.  In short :

(a) SELF realization and complete annihilation of (individual) self-awareness
(b) SELF realization in an individual who realized this SELF within his (individual) self-awareness. By sublating (bAdhita) the reality of his/her individuality.

Kindly let me know which type of realization is more in line with shruti pratipAdita advaita brahma jnAna.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar