[Advaita-l] Creation & Creator

H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Fri Jun 20 06:45:14 CDT 2014

Sri Vidyashankarji wrote

<< A samAdhi experience at a particular time and place happens to the mind
that enters samAdhi at that particular time and place. This serves as a
window/mirror for the jIva to cease the adhyAsa of anAtman on itself
(Atman), or at least to loosen the bondage of this adhyAsa if not cease it
altogether. Nothing really happens to the jIva. In reality, the question of
"not to other jIva-s" does not arise.
To say, even only as a matter of speech, that samAdhi happens to one
jIvAtman and not to other jIvAtman-s, is itself an instance of adhyAsa of
the manas/citta onto the jIva, whereas mano-buddhy-ahaMkAra-cittAni nAham.
>> .

 I am unable to overcome the feeling that in many places like for example *an
instance of adhyAsa of the manas/citta onto the jIva,* or *Nothing really
happens to the jIva* , Consciouness is used synonymously with jiva  ( or at
least nearly so ) . I may be excused if I have made a foolish blunder.
Would it not be better to understand instead that  jivatva (
jivahood/notion of being a jiva ) is negated/destroyed at the time of
selfrealization ?

Regards

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan via Advaita-l <