[Advaita-l] Creation & Creator

ramesh badisa via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Sat Jun 14 10:20:12 CDT 2014

Namaskaram,

I would like to know from Advaita perspective if creation is also eternal. We all know that Creator is eternal, but how about creation? Bhagawad Gita 13/20 says both are eternal.

When self-realization puts end to birth in the samsara, and when self-realization is the final goal of all beings, it is just a matter of time when this would happen to all. What is sure is that all would eventually experience it, and thus there is no birth. When all beings have self-realization eventually, then, where is the need for creation. But Bhagawad Gita 13/20 says both are eternal. My question is what fuels the eternal continuity of creation despite self-realization? I am sure, this topic might have been discussed in the past but I might have missed it. Please pardon me for asking it again.

Namaskara,
ramesh