[Advaita-l] Body is the disease

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jan 27 05:05:37 CST 2014

As I argued above, shruti cannot be mithyA. If it is considered so (to
avoid advaita hAni), then the onus is on advaitin to prove mithyA pramANa
have pramA sAdakatvaM. So either say shruti is not mithyA, or say shruti
is
indeed mithyA and prove the pramEya of 'mithyA pramANa could have pramA
sAdakatvaM'.

praNAms Sri Srinath Vedagarbha prabhuji
Hare Krishna

If shruti is not mithyA, then what exactly the status of shruti in advaita
prabhuji?? Kindly clarify.  When shankara says sarva laukika, vaidika
vyavahAra, bandha-mOksha etc. are within the realm of avidyA vyavahAra,
how can we exclude shAstra from this mithyA, I am not able to understand.
For that matter shruti itself says 'atra veda aveda' and shankara quite
elaborately discusses how shruti is untya pramANa which brings the
knowledge sublating all idea of pramANa-s including vedic pramANa itself.

Anyway, my humble request is, if you yourself know the answer to all your
objections from advaita vedAnta perspective, instead of playing the role
of 'devil's advocate, be kind enough to educate us as an advaitin.  So,
that we can learn from your insights.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar