[Advaita-l] Is morality necessary for liberation?

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 04:47:15 CST 2014

Namaste,

Advaita belongs to the 4th ashram. So when one has passed through three
ashrams or has become mentally pure generally gets success in advaita.
There are always exceptions. Exception is not a rule.

As one progresses spiritually, atleast in advaita way, Ego melts. Soon one
realizes that

   1. Nothing is in my hands.
   2. Things do not happen according to my wish
   3. While meditating the mantra OM goes on by itself and I am a mere
   witness
   4. OM chanting is auto controlled like spandan (gap between two OMs),
   length of chanting and pitch of chanting, stressing more on anyone part
   A,U,M
   5. OM uproots all desires by itself
   6. You become witness
   7. Search for origin of Mantra OM
   8. When you are witness and mind is rooted in something very deep, which
   is source of all, you realize that whatever is to be done is done by
   something else and you, as an individual, have no hand in it
   9. Ego melts, humility cultivates
   10. All sattvik qualities blossom and all tamamsika and rajasic
   qualities are fading away (though you cannot altogether get rid of them)
   11. Fear decreases and tension is released.
   12. Continuous feeling of deep peace and bliss almost throughout the day.

Hari OM

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna