[Advaita-l] Body is the disease

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 01:19:01 CST 2014

Anandji - PraNAms

Enjoyed reading your explanations - particularly aanaditvam aspect of avidya and jiiva. and their mutual dependence while both depend on something that is substantial. Yes one has to be careful in extending the illustrative examples beyond their applicability.

Dvaita differs in that they do not accept Brahman as upadana kaaraNam for the creation. Pot and pot-space do not fit as the same upaadana kaaranam, unless one takes the Tai Up statements - aatmanaH aakaasha sambuutah. aakaashaat ... etc all the way to pRithivi.

Many of the polemical arguments have limitations and that has to be understood before we apply hair-splitting arguments of Navya nyaaya. Many times it only helps in splitting the hair but not much in understanding the essential truth. Needless to say it is good time-passing for those who are interested.

Hari Om!
Sadananda