[Advaita-l] Body is the disease

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jan 16 02:30:09 CST 2014

But vAcaspati does not say that the locus of jIva is avidyA.

praNAms Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

As we know jeeva is kevala parikalpita due to upAdhi saMbandha.  yAvadeva
cha ayaM budhyupAdhi saMbandhaH tAvat jeevasya jeevatvaM saMsAritvaM
cha..paramArthastu na jeevO nAma budhyupAdhi sambandha parikalpita
svarUpavyatirekeNa asti...clarifies shankara in sUtra bhAshya.  So, assume
that there is jeevatva we need upAdhi...so, what exactly is this upAdhi??
is this avidyAkruta ?? if the answer is yes for this, then we have to go
by vivaraNakAra-s brahmAshrita mUlAvidyA which is the locus of jeevatva or
socalled jeeva's upAdhi.  If the locus to this sOpAdhika jeeva is not
brahmAshrita avidyA then what exactly is the cause of this upAdhi which is
in turn the main cause of jeeva's parichinnatva??  Please clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar