[Advaita-l] svabhAva of Atman IS 'sarvajnatvaM'

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 15:13:07 CST 2014

Dear friends,

In the verse 11.37 of the Bhagavad Gita Arjuna says : You are the Infinite, Lord of the gods, the Imperishable, the Manifest and the Unmanifest and that which is beyond both.

After this should we try to differentiate between Ishvara and Brahman any further ? It is probably enough for us to know that Adi Shankara's efforts to lead us to the ultimate state, the Jnanaswaroopa and that is line with what Lord Ram advised the Rudra-avatara Hanuman too, to meditate on the state of the Lord beyond attributes.

Regards,

Sunil KB