[Advaita-l] Which one is first in the creation sequence

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:59:31 CST 2014

Namaste

 Time also is God's creation. Time is not there before creation. We cannot
ask a question regarding time sequence of creation. It may not have any
meaning.

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/upanishad/upan_08.html

'Inasmuch as time also is something that has been created, the creation
itself could not have taken place in time itself. Space and time, which are
also the evolutes of consciousness and which manifested from the Atman,
could not be regarded as a condition of creation itself. The idea of time
is involved in any statement like: "God created the world in ancient times.
Many, many years back, centuries back, millions of years back, as it were,
this world was created by God." When we say this, we imply that God created
the world sometime. The word 'sometime' means time, but God is not in time.
He is timeless, so we cannot think how creation actually took place.'

Regards

-Venkatesh