[Advaita-l] Akramadruk in Naishkarmya Siddhi

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 04:25:27 CST 2014

Namaste

Sometime back we had the discussion. Atma cannot be Sarvajna truly. It can
have Samanya Jnana of everything but not Visesha Jnana. If you go into a
room you may see 100 objects. You can say you have Jnana the objects are
existing. Sarvam Khalvidam Brahma.  But you cannot say you know what is
each and every object and its particular details.

Sri Sureshwara is saying Atma is Akramadruk. He can have the Samanya Jnana
of all objects simultaneously and not one object by one object in sequence.
There is no Krama for Samanya Jnana.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> Kindly explain what is this Akramadruk Atma in Naishkarmya Siddhi. How can
> Atma become a Knower of objects?
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> yasyAtmanOvijneyaM na kiMchit parishishyate sa AtmA sarvajnaH....Knower of
> objects means he illumines the objects or existence of objects can be
> known through the light of Atman who is svayaM jyOtisvarUpa or third
> alternative would be there is nothing that cannot come under its
> purview...
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

Regards