[Advaita-l] The concept of mAyA sItA

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 23:17:25 CST 2014

Namaste,

Mula Ramayana consists of the hundred verses ,which Narada told to Valmiki and these hundred verses are  in the beginning of the Valmiki Ramayana.

As regards Lord Ram being a human, he was indeed so for all purpose, as he was under a curse from one of the eternal Kumaras (I think it was probably Sanatkumara). According to the curse Vishnu would forget all his knowledge and he had to take birth and get that knowledge from Vasistha. Yet he was not declared to be Lord Vishnu till Ravana was kileed as Ravana could be killed by a human being only. It was only after Ravana was killed that Lord Brahmaa reminded him that he (Lord Ram) was indeed Vishnu.

Regards,
Sunil KB