[Advaita-l] Saraswati is Shiva's sister?

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 01:37:41 CST 2014

Everyone is a relative (manifestation) of someone :)

If we take Linga and Shiva Purana, then from Shiva were born Brahma nad
Vishnu. If we take some other Purana it is said that From Vishnu, Rudra and
Brhama manifested while some say from Brahma Rudra manifested. So
technically all are one family.

If we say SarasvatI was born from Brahma, then she is her daughter, then
how can she marry. Technically everything is born out of the trinity, so
they are our fathers. They cannot marry anyone :)

Prajapati created Sun and Moon and then gave his daughters to chandra deva.
Actually, in this case even Chandra deva is son of Prajapati :)

Marriage, relations are within jIva shrUSTi. Ishvara shruSTi is different.
It is the cosmos, planets, rivers, mountains, etc, which do not harm to us.
VidyAraNya SvAmI explains this in PanchdaSI. It is the JIva ShrUSTI that
harms us. Ishvara ShrUSTI in fact helps us in our spiritual progress says
VidyAraNaya SvAmI.

Who is born of whom, and who is superior is discussed by those who wants
their deity to be supreme and rest all are sub-ordinate to him and all work
under their deities sway.

Hari OM

Sujal