[Advaita-l] "Adharma" of a Jnani - the instances of Miracles (was Re: Is morality necessary for liberation?)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Feb 7 02:24:06 CST 2014

praNAms Sri Praveen prabhuji
Hare Krishna

1) What do Madhvas think of Krishna calling himself as a brahmachari then!

>  Frankly, I do not know the answer to this question also !! From dvaita
perspective.  krishna's body is aprAkruta, he has absolute control over
his mAya, he is avatAra purusha etc. These might be some of the
justification we could expect..But again, I am not sure.  And one
(dvaitin) may argue that krishna has not pretended like shankara and
changed the body to have the experience of kAma shAstra and gave the
illogical reasoning to justify his acts to his shishya padmapAda.  This
would imply that shankara being a jnAni, was still identifying him with
his saNyAsi body and hence decided to have the kAma through another body
but with same set of 'saNyAsi antaHkaraNa!!??  OTOH, whatever krishna does
he did it with his kAya, vAcha & manasa only unlike shankara.  Anyway, I
must confess here, this argument too is superfluous, thinking from the
desk of an outsider who is throwing stones from outside the fencing of
sAmpradAyik faith in popular shankara digvijaya-s.

>  I often curse myself for entertaining mundane & ridiculous doubts like
this.

2) If antaHkaraNa is to define celibacy, what do Madhvas think
transmigrates across janmas (or indulges in dream relations)?

>  Kindly pardon me, I could not understand this question.  Observing
brahmachaya  kAya, vAcha, manasa is must for the brahmachAri / saNyAsi. If
it is not so and the brahmacharya paripAlana restricted to ONLY kAya, then
karma did in that body should last as long as that particular body lasts.
There will not be any carry forward of puNyApuNya karma phala to next
janma or fresh body if antaHkaraNa-s (sUkshma shareera) donot have any
role in maintaining celibacy.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

PS :  I sincerely apologize Sri Karthik prabhuji for digressing from the
main intent of this thread.