[Advaita-l] Maya and Sunrise Example

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 04:41:12 CST 2014

Dear Sri Kuntimaddiji,

<< Ultimately the reality what we give to the  apparent Iswara creation -
yushmad ashmad pratyaya gocharayOH .. as Shankara starts his adhyaasa
bhashya - The differences of sajaati- vijaati-swagata bhedAs - they are all
adhyaasa at vyaavahaarika level only >>

<< The knowledge of the truth does not remove the appearances in the
vyaavhaarika level - thus distinguishing the Iswara sRiShTi vs Jiiva
sRiShTi. As long this point is clear the difference between two types of
adhyaasa are clear. >>

I just want to point out one more difference between the types of adhyasas
pointed out by you. The adhyasas of the type sunrise - sunset, mirage water
, rope snake etc are negated ( either cognitive alone or both cognitive and
appearence ) by knowledge other than that of Brahman. But the sajati vijati
swagata bheda adhyasas mentioned are negated by and only by Brahma jnana.

Regards