[Advaita-l] A request to all members interested in Atharvan veda

Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Sat Aug 9 13:47:43 CDT 2014

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014, Animesh via Advaita-l wrote:

> Srī mātre namah:
> Dear group members ,
> My subject is quite UN relevant to this group yet it falls under smarta
> section. I posses a blog containing articles on Atharva veda tradition (
> my tradition i belong to Saunak shakha of atharva veda ) I request all
> members to visit it.( it contains articles on lessrr known tradition of
> atharva veda ,it is my atempt to preserve my tradition)

This is impressive.  Where are you from and is Shaunaka shakha your native
shakha?  The reason I ask is that historically and in the present day the
Atharva veda has had the smallest following.  It got to the point where by
the 1960's there was concern that its tradition might die out altogether.
The acharya of Kanchi sent scholars to Gujarat to learn it but they were
all people who had already learned one shakha and were taking up
atharvaveda as an additional one.

Btw, in your recent posts you have been writing the message in the subject
field instead of the body.  This is confusing for readers.