[Advaita-l] Animals can get Jnana?

Parthiban K.K. parthiban.kk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 01:52:26 CDT 2014

Dear All,
My humble pranams,

If animals which do not have discriminating intellect are to be considered
lower and incapable of spiritual realization, for that matter even
spiritual growth, what is their future? Will they always remain the same in
future births also or they will further deteriorate as they will hunt and
kill other beings to satiate their hunger in this birth as animals?
What will be their future?
Please elucidate?
Parthiban K K

On 17 April 2014 16:00, Srirudra <srirudra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dears
> Animals are devoid of discriminating faculty.They do not know what is good
> and what is bad.Doing some acts of intelligence does not mean they can
> become jnanies.R.Krishnamoorthy.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On 17-Apr-2014, at 10:02 am, ara Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Namaste
> >
> > Jai Hanuman.
> >
> > I was discussing with my friend. He asked Can Animals have Jnana? I said
> > animals cannot generally have Jnana because they have no intellect to
> > reflect on Who am I? But Hanuman is Kapeeshwara belonging to Ape family.
> He
> > is a Jnani.
> >
> > Chimpanzees can play chess and do a lot of intellectual activities.
> > Probably they can be taught to think like humans. Is it true the Apes can
> > have Jnana like humans if they try? But other animals cannot?
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > -Venkatesh
> >
> > For assistance, contact:
> > listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org

K.K PARTHIBAN

I am beyond all perceptions and conceptions: Nisargadatta Maharaj