[Advaita-l] Reference to Avadhuta Gita

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 12:25:20 CDT 2014

Krishnamurthyji - PraNAms

At transactional level one cannot avoid the duality. Understanding level involves that the truth is advaita (non-duality) in spite of the apparent duality. It is cognitive understanding to put in Swami Paramarthanandaji's words. Avadhuta geeta, after the first sloka, goes into advaita doctrine - for example it says- aham dhyaata param dhyeyam akhanDam khanDate katham? - If one says one has to meditate - the author asks - how can you meditate? How can you divide as I am meditator and this has to be meditated upon - that which is indivisible?

There are many slokas like that and this text itself is more meditative text and should be studied for nidhidhyaasana.

Hari Om!
Sadananda