[Advaita-l] Jambudveepa in our saMkalpa

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 15:14:41 CDT 2013

> Of course, the last part about the tragedy in our educational system
> was added by me, only to highlight that such theories are not
> presented to students & we blindly study whatever Westerners put
> before us. As a student myself I have seen in my past years as to how
> Indian culture, science,etc were shown in poor light while exclusively
> highlighting non-Indian subjects.
>
> The post was certainly not a baseless one as implied by Vidyasankarji
> & the main objective was to present the work of great men like
> Lokamanya Tilak before people in order to create awareness & instigate
> more research into it.

Dear Abhishek,

I don't criticize your article as being baseless and I happen to agree with
much of what you have written about the current Indian education system
and the content that is being taught. The criticisms of the other issues are
indeed fine in their own right. Nevertheless, I do think the basic question
about the wording of the saMkalpa has not been adequately answered.
In retrospect, I think I was disappointed because I was curious to see what
definitive or even plausible conclusions/suggestions would be offered for
this question and that did not come across.

Regards,

Vidyasankar