[Advaita-l] (no subject)

Swaroop Sharma swaroopsharman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 01:06:59 CDT 2013

Namaste,
I was told in my Gurukulam, by my Acharya that Samit represents two subtle
meanings.
1. Once we offer it to the Yajna as Havis, it can't be retrieved, so the
innate feeling of "total surrender" is portrayed.
2. Even a Paramahamsa, or a Jeevanmukta precisely,  cannot completely
destroy his memories, but they'd have become like ash, for Ex., a rope
burnt to the core looks like it is existing, but taken in hand, it'd be
nonexistent. So would promise a Shishya with a Samit in hand,
symbolically,  that he'd turn all his conditionings of the past and
occurring of the future into existent yet nonexistent ash. Samit conveys a
symbolic meaning, "procuring knowledge, yet be unbound by the same"

*I Endorse Empowerment of Teachers*
*Visit- www.guru-dakshina.org*
*
*
*Dhanyavad*
*Swaroop.R. M.A., M.S.*
*Research Scholar, DOS in Psychology, University of Mysore.
#200, 'Shree Rajarajeshwari' 10th B Cross J.P.Nagar I Phase, Bangalore-78
09742164232*, *080-22444504*
*http://www.gods-own-handwriting.blogspot.com/*