[Advaita-l] Meet on Advaita Vedanta in Bangalore - May 7 to 8. 2013

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 00:01:21 CDT 2013

Namaste

Continued on Page 22

'Besides all the different views cited by the Bhashya evidently refer to
Adhyasa as superimposition of some property on something else to which it
does not really pertain.They only differ about the specific nature of the
superimposition. The sub-commentator overlooks this fact and insists on his
own theory about the nature and causes of the unreal things.

And what is more serious is the fact that he takes no notice of Sankara's
introduction to the illustrations of superimposition which says 'Tatha Hi
Loke Anubhavaha'. 'Accordingly it is a matter of experience' and twists the
original text to refer to the thing which appears as something else.'

--
Regards

-Venkatesh