[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and nanajiva vada.

S Srivastava sksrivastava68 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 07:47:58 CDT 2013

... In Jagrat Avastha also you are seeing a dream. In Svapna the
> persons are dream persons. In Jagrat also all persons are dream
> persons. There is no difference. You have to think this. I am Alone
> and I only am real. All these people are not real. They are in my
> dream only.
>
> In Nana Jeeva Vada it is very complicated. What is the proof all these
> people are real? Why I should think they are real like me? ...

Sir: Thinking in a particular manner (..that all these people are in my
dream) is not helpful. The fact that all the jIVa-s (including one
particular jIva that claims subject hood) are just like dream characters-
is to be seen clearly so that there is no need to "think" in a forced
manner.

If I have to "think" that all the jIva-s are in my dream, then clearly I
have not seen this as a fact. If I have seen this as a fact, then I would
no longer have any necessity to "think" in this manner. It will be my
direct experience all the time.

In fact if I don't really see that all the jIva-s are dream characters,
then merely "thinking" so will be a false and worthless superimposition. It
will not be helpful for paramArtha, but will screw up vyavhAra also.

praNAm