[Advaita-l] Paroksha to Aparoksha

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jun 18 01:56:11 CDT 2013

praNAms Sri Sadananda prabhuji
Hare Krishna

A jnaani is one who does not depend on something other than oneself for
his happiness - since he has understood that he is ananda swaruupa. This
is a litmus test to check oneself if one is jnaani or not.

>  I wonder, if one is really a jnAni, whether he has any doubt on his
paramArtha jnAna!!??  If the jnAni wants to 'test' whether the jnAna what
he has is adviteeya and 'Ananda' what he is, is vishayAteeta, that shows
that jnAni is really not a jnAni since still he is entertaining 'doubts'
on his own status !!  So, I dont think there arises any need for the jnAni
to 'check' what he has is the result of THAT jnAna.  He is samshayAteeta,
bhidyate hrudaya grantiM, chiddhyante 'sarva' samshayAH..is the shruti
verdict on aparOksha jnAni.

It is not meant for checking if the other person is jnaani or not - since
there is no way one can check that.

>  Yes, for the other person checking is not possible and for the 'real'
jnAni, he hardly has any doubt of his jnAna to check and confirm it to
himself.

Obviously the implication is different. A jnaani is one who does not get
burned when makes contact with the hot world.

>  Then what would be the reason for 'prachOdana' in a jnAni who is
getting kAma & krOdha due to his avidyA lesha or prArabdha karma??  This
means he is mere jnAni not a jnAna nishTa is it??  I will come back to
this point ( mere jnAni & jnAna nishTa) later, if my time permits.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar