[Advaita-l] Traditional Scholarship vs Modern Pseudo-Intellectualism

crbala subramanian crbsram at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 04:09:38 CDT 2013

Hi Sriram Sir,

I would like to add some more information regarding this sentence "sanskrit
should be spoken among the householders (particularly mothers) so that the
children pick them up easily"

I can recall a upanyasa rendered by Sri Kanchi Maha Periyava(HH).

HH recommended that every men who had brahmopadesha should learn
1) the Veda Shaka that he belongs to,
2) Do Sandhyavandha, Brahma yajna and Gayatri Japa without fail and
3) Learn Sva sutra prayoga
4) Proficient in reading and writing Grantha bhasha

For Women
1) they should be expert in Sanskrit language so that children can pick
them up easily.

Thanks
C.R.Bala