[Advaita-l] Traditional Scholarship vs Modern Pseudo-Intellectualism

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 23:43:20 CDT 2013

Namaste

Even in teaching Sanskrit also the modern methods are making the learning
interesting for students. The old tradition methods make the students to
learn more by memorization but not giving a lot of examples. They were good
for olden times. Students knew a lot of Sanskrit words already and were
good in spoken Sanskrit. But now students do not know many Sanskrit words
and Sanskrit is not the mother tongue. Examples must be given at every
step.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Venkata Subramanian <
venkat_advaita at yahoo.com> wrote:

Regards

-Venkatesh