[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 15:19:49 CDT 2013

The disciple below displays basic lack of sraddha in sastras which describe  chandraloka etc. as vyayavahara satyam. He doesn't even know the difference between material worlds  (chandra, indra etc.) and spiritual worlds (vaikuntha, kailasa etc.). He probably doesn't know or accept Sankara's view of krama mukti. For such a person who doubts the validity of the sastras, Ramana's teaching is perhaps relevant to such a person as no one can doubt one's own existence.

My question is from the point of view of one who accepts sastras as valid. Is there an eternal loka (vaikuntha, kailasa) in the vyavahara realm as per advaita tradition?