[Advaita-l] nirguNa ParaBrahman.
bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jul 15 00:16:10 CDT 2013
I shall be grateful if someone could get me the phrases in Vedas or
Upanishadhs where the ParaBrahman is termed as nirguNa.
praNAms hare krishna
01. in shevetAshvata up. eko devaH sarvabhuteshu................kevalO
02. in taitereeya : yato vAcho nivartante aprApya manasa saHa
03. in kena : na tatra chakshurgacchati na vAgacchati nO manaH
04. in bruhadAraNyaka : neti neti, through negation of any specific
features shruti says brahman is nirguN
05. again in br. up. shruti explicitly says brahman is akshara and this
brahman is neither gross, nor subtle, without smell, without eyes, without
ears, without taste, having no mind etc. I think shruti maNtra for this is
in third adhyAya.
Hope this would suffice to know that according to shruti siddhAnta
ultimately brahman is nirguNa, niravayava, nirvikAri.
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list