[Advaita-l] nirguNa ParaBrahman.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jul 15 00:16:10 CDT 2013

I shall be grateful if someone could get me the phrases in Vedas or
Upanishadhs where the ParaBrahman is termed as nirguNa.

praNAms hare krishna

01. in shevetAshvata up. eko devaH sarvabhuteshu................kevalO
nirguNascha

02. in taitereeya : yato vAcho nivartante aprApya manasa saHa

03.  in kena : na tatra chakshurgacchati na vAgacchati nO manaH

04.  in bruhadAraNyaka : neti neti, through negation of any specific
features shruti says brahman is nirguN

05. again in br. up.  shruti explicitly says brahman is akshara and this
brahman is neither gross, nor subtle, without smell, without eyes, without
ears, without taste, having no mind etc. I think shruti maNtra for this is
in third adhyAya.

Hope this would suffice to know that according to shruti siddhAnta
ultimately brahman is nirguNa, niravayava, nirvikAri.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar