[Advaita-l] Unmanifest and its Secrets

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 07:12:14 CDT 2013

The supreme state that you talk about is the state of Vishnu, parameshwara
(tad vishnO: paramam padam). It is incorrect to state that no one has
achieved it because Vishnu is in that state. It is also incorrect to state
that no one can because all of us can. In fact, all of us are in that state
and can realise that through pure devotion devoid of interest in any type
of liberation including ekatvam. The following is the pramana from Srimad
Bhagavatham for this. If you want, there is enough evidence for this in
Sankara Bhashya also. If you serve Vishnu and not accept any of the five
types of liberation, you attain the state of Vishnu, which is beyond three
gunas.

sālokya-sārsti-sāmīpya- sārūpya*ikatvam* apy uta  dīyamānam* na grhnanti*vinā
*mat-sevanam* janāh (3.29.13)
sa eva bhakti-yogākhya ātyantika udāhṛtaḥ yen*ātivrajya tri-guṇaṁ* *
mad-bhāvāyopapadyate* (3.29.14)

Regarding eternality of Krishna's body, which seems to miss even the
greatest of scholars who say that his bodies come and go, Madhsudana says
this after a lot of analysis, "Hence it is reasonable that I have taught
this yoga to Vivasvan and you *through this body which is verily eternal*".
(Gudarthadipika 4.6). Our bodies, including that of Ramana, Ramakrishna,
Vivekananda, Sivanannda, Chinmaya, Dayananda, Mata Amrtananda Mayi, Sri Sri
Ravisankara, Sai Baba, Sankaracharyas etc. - unless they are known to be
avataras through valid pramanas -   are panchabautika and perishable but
Krishna's form is aprakrta mayarUpam and imperishable.