[Advaita-l] Unmanifest and its Secrets

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 07:59:50 CDT 2013

Hari Om!
Anything other than sat-chit-ananda swaruupa, which is ekam eva advitiiyam, is anitya and therefore mithyaa only. Hence any differences that appears to be there in the vyaavahaarika and praatibhaasika states are all mithyaa only - that include jiiva-jagat-Iswara differences -involving- jiiva-jiiva, jiiva-Iswara, jiiva-jagat, jagat-Iswara differences and also differences within jagat. Bhakti from the advaita culminates as  love for oneself only. Hence Br. Up says - atmeyteyopaaseeta - contemplate that everything is nothing but aatma or the self only - everything includes Iswara too.
Hence Shankara defines bhakti in vivekachudamani as:

moksha saadhana saamaagryam bhaktireva gareeyasi|
swaswaruuanubadhaanaam bhaktirityabhidheeyate| or
swaatmanubhavasandhaanaam bhatirityapare jaguH|

Of all paths bhakti is the supreme and direct path for realization. The bhakti is contemplation on ones own nature or realization of ones own nature.
Hence self-realization is the same as God-realization -it is not different. As long as one sees the difference between jiiva and Iswara, he has not realized. Goudapaada in fact says he will never realize.

eesha jiiva yoH veshadheebhidaa|
satva bhaavato vastu kevalam||

says Bhagavan Ramana.

Only vesham or constume that make one to look different is only different from jiiva and Iswara - otherwise from the essence point, the underlying truth is the same.
Hari Om!
Sadananda