[Advaita-l] On rationality; was "Vedas are not apauresheya according to the Vedas ?"

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jan 29 06:32:10 CST 2013

praNAms Sri Sunil prabhuji
Hare Krishna

You are good tArkik and there is no doubt. Will you not like to say a word
on "kutarka" and "sutarka" ? Is it decided only on the quality of the
tarka or on the spirit of the tarka as well ?

>  If one approach this subject without any subjective or sentimental
attachment to the sAmpradAyik stand or shAstri statements, he would
definitely get the doubts like this.  We cannot label it as kutarka just
because we donot have any logical answer to his doubts.

Secondly if the apaurusheyatva has been seen under the yogic state, will
be possible to utilise common logic to decide on the apaurusheyatva ?

>  If the apaurusheyatva of the veda-s is like the 'special' and
supernatural revelation of some people in yOgic state, then definitely I
would agree that it is not for common logical deliberations. But that is
not the case here, here we are using the pramANa like anupalabdhi to prove
the veda's apaurusheyatva and this pramANa is the technique of some
parusheya granTha-s which is not anyway a 'defect-free' work like shruti
:-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar