[Advaita-l] On rationality; was "Vedas are not apauresheya according to the Vedas ?"

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jan 23 23:54:42 CST 2013

praNAms Sri Sunil prabhuji
Hare Krishna

In fact the Puranas also are Veda as that is the fifth Veda and before
Vedavyasa divided the Vedas all were known as one Veda, the Yajur Veda. So
your following contention is not valid. Originally all four Vedas and the
puranas were one Veda.

>  So that means the eighteen purANa-s which are popularly known as
vyAsakruta paurusheya too veda-s only so they too apaurusheya.  I did not
know that before division of veda-s and purANa-s, the 'whole' text was
called 'yajurveda'!!  From where did you get this information prabhuji,
kindly give me the reference.  OTOH, there is a talk that 'agewise'
Rigveda has been considered as oldest,  I am first time hearing that
yajurveda was containing all the four veda-s & purANa-s too before
division by vyAsa.

Let us be honest and not compromise for the sake of convenience in
interpreting the term "Apaurusheya". The Veda has 33 devas and Vishnu is
the Parampada but do you have anyone else than the Brahman in Vedanta?

>  atharvaNi sUryOpanishat, gaNeshArthavasheershaM, mAhAnArAyaNa
upanishat, rudrOpanishat etc. explains how sUrya, gaNesha, rudra etc. are
satchidAnandAdviteeya and para brahma..Anyway, I am not clear what exactly
you are trying to convey here??

Vedic teaching is for the four purusharthas and Moksha there does not
necessarily mean going out the cycle of birth and death.

>  !! ??  mOksha is not necessarily mean going out of the cycle of birth
and death?? do you really mean this prabhuji??

But the true Vedantic teaching, as derived from the Mahavakyas, is
achieving the oneness with the Brahman.

>  Yes, that is what is called 'punarAvrutti' rahita, nitya shuddha,
buddha, mukta ekaika svarUpa.  Oneness with the brahman invariably means
the emancipation from the cycle of birth and death.

Finally everyone of the  spiritual aspirants will  have to leave the texts
of Veda, Vedanta, the Sanakarabhashyas etc. behind and only one's
understanding would help one to realize the oneness with the Brahman.

>  Yes, I agree with it, for that matter even bandha-mOksha have validity
only in avidyA vyavahAra kshetra..

>  But you have not clarified my doubt yet, i.e. difference between veda &
vedAnta & the applicability of apaurusheyatva to these texts.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar