[Advaita-l] (Advaita-1)-Vedas are not apaurusheya?

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 03:08:43 CST 2013

In the final analysis, the mukta requires no theses because he accepts
nothing but the svataHsiddha Atman. Even his prAmAtRtvam his
transcended, so other axioms and theses which pre-suppose pramAtRtvam
are not even in the picture.

Sri Siva Senani Nori wrote:
<<Sankaracharya does not attempt to prove the theses (listed above) of
Advaita independently of Sruti. The thesis is established by
interpreting Sruti - that is, Brahman is Absolutely Real because Sruti
says so, and so on.>>
'In the final analysis,the mukta requires no theses because he accepts nothing but the "svatahsiddha"Atman.
>Just like other axioms,this also is an "Axiom".Because,this statement is taken by what is stated in some book.It cannot be verified.
As explained above, the "three main points" do not constitute a thesis
in the first place. The role of the shruti is only to serve as a
deconditioning therapy, to remind us that even our pramAtRtvam is
>No where it is stated that the role of the "shruthi"is only to serve as a deconditioning therapy.On the other hand the role of the shruthi is to bring knowledge,which is positive,not negative.
N.Srikanta.