[Advaita-l] Debate between Dwarka & Sumeru Shankaracharyas

Abhishek Madhyastha abhishek046 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 11:33:46 CST 2013

Sringeri Jagadguru by no means has the absolute authority over all
 Shankaracharyas. The Shankaracharyas of the 4 peethams function
 independently. Unless asked for, it would be inappropriate for the
 Sringeri Jagadguru to intervene in this matter. Moreover, the Sringeri
 acharyas have been known to be unparallel & sages par excellence. Each
 & every acharya in the parampara has truly lived up to the title of
 "Jagadguru". The present acharya wouldn't compromise on such a great
 parampara by indulging in such fights.

On 1/1/13, Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Namaste
>
> What money and wealth can a Sanyasi have? Nothing. Why are they fighting?
>
> Sringeri Swamiji must come forward and bring peace. He cannot sit idle
> when this is happening. It is a mistake if he cannot bring peace.
>
> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani
> <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-12-25/allahabad/35999006_1_sangam-city-challenger-jal-samadhi
>>

>> If the news is untrue, sue TOI. If true, it is a simple matter of getting
>> them both math officials booked under IPC for attempting and abetting
>> suicide. They are a disgrace to our tradition. They are interested in
>> wealth and control. Look at asking the loser to surrender wealth. If they
>> have any courage, they should fight adharmic forces destroying our
>> tradition. That they don't do.
>>
>> That is why I support reason and truth over dogmatism.
>>
>> On Tuesday, January 1, 2013, Sunil Bhattacharjya wrote:
>>
>>> Dear friends,
>>>
>>> Somebody should immediately try to persuade the Jagadgurus to become
>>> friends and to sort out their difference amicably and if necessary to
>>> learn
>>> from each other. Adi Sankaracharya defeated so many opponents but he