[Advaita-l] Shankara on non-Advaitic mokSha/Brahman

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:40:39 CST 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> smart argument. may i ask if you from thanjavur, kumbakonam or tirunelveli?
> :)
>
> On Sri Subrahmanian's post and yours, a. we need definition of absolute
> from sastras

The seventh mantra of the mAnDUkya upanishad 'nAntaH
prajnam......prapanchopashamam shAntam shivam advaitam ....sa AtmA sa
vijneyaH' can be taken as a comprehensive definition of the Absolute,
called turIya.

and b. whether sastras, which are dependent on ishwara for
> their manifestation at the start of every cycle, can define ishwara?

As both the Veda/shAstra and Ishwara are anAdi there is no problem if the
shAstra defines Ishwara, for instance in the sixth mantra of the above
upanishad.

regards
vs