[Advaita-l] Shankara on non-Advaitic mokSha/Brahman

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:43:49 CST 2013

I don't see why you say anyone is changing the rules. The logic is simple. "If P, then Q" implies, "if not-Q, then not-P". It says nothing about if not-P, then what.

If spatio-temporal limitations, then not-absolute. This means, If absolute, then no spatio-temporal limitations. This leaves open a possibility for the existence of some entity that has no spatio-temporal limitations, yet is not-absolute.

Here is another mathematical way to think about it. You are no doubt aware of the conceptual difference between countable and uncountable infinities. Think of saguNa brahman as countably infinite, one guNa after another, and of nirguNa brahman as uncountably infinite.

Vidyasankar