[Advaita-l] Vedanta Adhikarana Ratnamala

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Feb 19 20:05:14 CST 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, Sunil Bhattacharjya wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I am looking for the following  two books:
> 1)
> Vedanta adhikarana ratnamala  and
> 2)
> Adhikarana ratnamala vyakhya.
>
> I shall be grateful if any friend can tell me where to get these from
> (including any Internet source).

Is this an Advaita work?  There is a well-known Vishistadvaita text by
this name.

Doing some research on the web I see that some people are
ascribing a work called adhikarana ratnamala to Vidyaranya/Bharati Tirth
but I have a feeling they have confused it other things.  Swami Vidyaranya
under his purvashrama name Madhava wrote two works called jaiminiya
nyayamala and vayasika nyayamala and autocommenteries called vistara on
both.  They are synopses of the purvamimamsa and brahma sutras
respectively describing the adhikaranas rather than each individual sutra.
The adhikarana ratnamala follows the same scheme as the name suggests so
perhaps that is why there is confusion.