[Advaita-l] Omnisience .........

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 04:44:54 CST 2013

Namaste.

Since my earlier mail was held back by the Moderator due to exceeding the
permitted length, presumably due to clubbing together of all mails therein,
I have taken the liberty of resending this as a separate mail.This is in
reply to Sri Sji's mail.

 Namaste.

Sorry. The earlier mail went thru by mistake in the computer. I have no
where stated that the Real Karanam ( Brahman ) undergoes vikara. I have
mentioned that it is through Maya that it appears to undergo vikara in the
form of creation. This is the start of vivarta. Upanishads do ascribe
reality to begin with for this vikara and followup with negating reality to
this creation through the use of karana-karya prakriya. It is during this
negation that it uses the principle that karya is not different from karana
as it is dependent on karana. You had mentioned in your first mail that
rope snake is the ONLY example of depndence of this nature. This is what i
had disputed. There is certainly a difference between the two types of
dependence, rope snake and clay pot. Whatever you have quoted from the
upanishads is only with reference to Brahman and that has no where been
disputed by me. We are discussing only the methodology adopted by
upanishads to bring home this truth.

Regards