[Advaita-l] Need information on learning Vedas online

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 10:37:10 CDT 2013

> Hare Krishna. I wanted to reverse my stand on Samskrta Bharathi. I happened
> to discuss this with my father. He was very much opposed to even
> constructive criticism of Samskrta Bharathi in a public forum. He said that
> if we had ideas for improvement, whether it is grammar related
> or computerisation, we should go suggest it to them directly and also help
> them to achieve the goals. They are an excellent selfless people who have

That is good advice from your father and I'm glad you see the point. Perhaps,
people on this forum are not quite aware of other factors involved. There is a
strong tendency in India to cast a negative political spin on anything that is
related to the Sanskrit language and vaidika tradition as they pertain to society
at large. Consequently, there is an attempt to tar everybody with the same
brush and  genuine points where a discussion will be of benefit to the larger
goals of the organization are apt to get misused to undermine it thoroughly.
It would be better to reach out and discuss these issues in private with those
involved with their activities.

Vidyasankar