[Advaita-l] Need information on learning Vedas online

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 07:15:32 CDT 2013

> Also I urge anyone in your position to emphasize a study of sanskrit and
> shastras even above Vedas (except for nityakarma mantras) because that will
> set the foundation for making it easier for the next generation to progress.

RV: What is the reason? As Vedas are sakshat Ishwara and chanting itself is
a great upasana, I thought it is highly desirable to learn Vedas more than
Sanskrit. The latter is no doubt important to learn especially to access
literatures that have not been translated properly or to understand the
explanations.