[Advaita-l] Lilithopakhyana vs. Lalithasahasra

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Mon Aug 5 00:34:37 CDT 2013

//
BTW I did not get any comments on the three names
//

lalilOpAkhyAna is not a prAmANika one.

One of the ancient manuscripts i have edited by one of the greatest srividyOpAsakAs of Andhra Pradesh (Br.Sri.Janaswami Lakshmi Nrisimha Sastry).   Their srividya lineage itself is
baffling one.  The mUla guru in their parampara is Br.Sri.Jandhyala Dakshinamurty Sastry
who was initiated into panchadasi by Devi Herself in Basara.

As per their opinion, there are several discrepencies in lalitopAkhyAna and what exactly is the
authentic one is quite difficult.

Since, all the great upAsakAs including Bhasakraraya Makhin "ignored" this discrepency and
wrote commentary on Lalita Sahasranama, it is prudent enough for us to follow the beaten path
with faith and devotion rather than questioning the lineage.

This was the advice given to me by His Holiness Sri Bharati Tirtha Swamigal.

regs,
sriram