[Advaita-l] Concluding stotra of "siddanta bindu"
sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 11:02:57 CDT 2013
Why, Madhusdana has to devalue the vEda vyAsa who happens to be one of
the chief acharya of advaita parampara by making a sweeping remark that
vyAsa couldn't explain
Kindly do not forget that Madhusudana Saraswati must have known it well that Badarayana Vyasa was different from Krishna Dwapayana Vedavyasa (Parashari Vyasa) ?
From: Venkata sriram P <venkatasriramp at yahoo.in>
To: advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:56 AM
Subject: [Advaita-l] Concluding stotra of "siddanta bindu"
Sri.Madhusudana Saraswathi by his remarks has answered the critics
who said that Veda vyasa has not written vedanta in his Brahma sutras
So, should i conclude with the idea of Sri Madhusudana that:
1) vyAsa's brahma sUtra doesn't clearly define advaita ?
2) vyAsa couldn't explain the vEdAnta as perfectly as sankara ?
3) Was vyAsa was less intelligent as compared to sankara ?
4) was it an arthavAda prayOga towards the sankara's brilliant commentary on sUtra so much so that it has outwitted even the original sUtra of vyAsa ?
5) Sankara filled the gaps by writing commentary and explained the siddhAnta which vyAsa couldn't do so ?
Why, Madhusdana has to devalue the vEda vyAsa who happens to be one of the chief acharya of advaita parampara by making a sweeping remark that vyAsa couldn't explain
the siddhAnta properly in his sutra?
To unsubscribe or change your options:
For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list