[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and nana jiva vada.

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 07:37:12 CDT 2013

> From: Venkatesh Murthy
>The question I had is exactly this. It was said in this group any thing like a hare's horns is imaginary and it should be Asat. It cannot be seen any where but imagined only. Any thing is experienced objective by all persons like ordinary rabbit without horns is Vyavaharika. It is Mithya. Every person can see a rabbit without horns running here and there. It is Vyavaharika and Mithya.
Shree Venkatesh - When one imagines hare with horns - he could do so only because he has seen hares and he has seen horns - He is assembling in his mind a hare with horns - just as the ghost that people imagine.

Is it asat or mithyaa - it is an acadamic question. From the point of one who is experiencing - it is a jiiva sRiShTi only - since no one else has seen a hare with horns just has no one else has seen a snake where the rope is - as he alone is seeing things. All jiiva sRiShTis we call it as praatibhaasika - even though for the one who is seeing thus experiencing and having transactions with that he imagines. Hence jiiva sRiShTi is praatibhaasika and Iswara sRiShTi is vyaavahaarika since all the subjects in that state can see and transact with. Hence in the waking sate, horns hare is asat from the point of Iswara sRiShTi since it has not be objectively experienced. If is subjectively experienced by the imagnation of someone - that FOR HIM is mityaa since he  has experienced.

That which has no locus for experience is asat. If you provide a locus for experience as you are assembling the hares with horns then for you it is mithyaa - for others there is no locus for experience - it is asat. These definitions are relative to inquirer - with the hope that he can go beyond these definitions to pay attention to that reality which cannot be experienced and need not be experienced also since ones own self.
Paying more attention than this is like trying to classify what kind of snake that I am seeing while it is really a rope there where I am imagining it as snake.

These classifcations are made to differentiate what is sat and what is mithyaa and what is asat. Asat is more from the point of Iswra sRiShTi. Most important to recognize is all things that are seen and experienced in the waking state are mithyaa - so that one can give only that much importance to objects of experience and shift the attention to that which is etternal and unchanging and of the ananda swaruupam.
These classifications are meant for to recognize that absolute truth that is adhiShTaanam for every thing one sees and experiences in the Iswara sRiShTi or in Jiiva sriShTi.

 Hari Om!
Sadananda