[Advaita-l] Supreme Brahman - the Ruler in Advaita?

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 13:42:05 CDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM,  <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
> According to Madhusudana, there are three levels of bhakti as you may know. In the first level, the devotee thinks I am His. In the second level, he thinks He is mine. Both these think I am one and the Lord is another. At the highest level, which gopis were in, they realise "I am He". Please note such a jnani is a type of devotee according to Lord Krishna (BhG 7) and the highest. It is fallacious to argue that bhakti needs duality.

Look at what SriKrishna says in 6.14 "IswarO aham aham bhOgee siddhO
aham balavAn sukhee"
Geetha, classifies a thought such as "I am God" under "Asuree"
svabhAva which is something to be given up like any other Asuree
thoughts.

> In fact, as Madhusudana puts it, real devotion is possible only in non-dual state.

>From Gita itself (incidentally on which Madhusudhana relies his
pramANa), all such thoughts and preaching makes Madhusudana is having
Asuree svabhAva.

/SV