[Advaita-l] 'asat' also means 'mithyA'

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 07:38:29 CDT 2013

Shree Rajaram - PraNAms - I think your question was answered by Subbuji's post. Mithyaa implies that which is experienced but not eternal to come under the category of absolutely real. Whatever is perceived or known or experienced in any state is mithyaa says Shankara - dRisyatvaat. Hence the world comes under mithyaa only as it is known or knowable entity via a pramANa. The discussion is only in terms of what sat and asat in the sloka II-16 refer to. While agreeing with Subbuji, I am only presenting an alternate view point.
Hari Om!
Sadananda