[Advaita-l] Historians before 20th century

Jayasimha Ananth jayasimha.a at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 14:03:04 CDT 2013

Dear vijay,

                        I am not exactly sure whether it is pre-20th
century, but if you have not heard about Sri. Dharmapal, his writings might
interest you - http://www.samanvaya.com/dharampal/

Specifically a very nice work - "The beautiful tree " (
http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvindgupta/beautifultree.pdf). This is
about the India as Britishers had seen it for themselves and noted it in
their chronicles. This paints a very very different picture of India.

Regards,
--Jayasimha