[Advaita-l] Something to ponder over

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 06:02:09 CDT 2012

PraNAms

Most of the life forms are conscious of their environment or at least programed to do so for survival.

Only in the higher life forms there is a development of self-consious and is developed maximum in the human. Becuase of self-consciousness, man commits errors about himself.

Yes existence of any inert is established by the knowledge its existence while existence of consciousness is self-proven in all life forms since they need to be conscious of their environment for their survival. Being conscious of x is different from being self-conscious or conscious of oneself. In vishishtadvaita they differentiate these two as one is dharma bhuuta jnaanam and the other as dharmi jnaanam.

Hari Om!
Sadananda