[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 11:27:32 CDT 2012

Namaste,

This is a clear sign that Sri Ramanujacharya did not read the Skandopanishad, where it is said that Vishnu is the heart of Shiva and Shiva is the heart of Vishnu. Probably he did not even read the Mahabharata, which Vedavyasa, on his own admission, composed for the benefit of the laypersons, including woman. The Mahabharata  has Arjuna's prayer to Lord Shiva, where Arjuna said Shiva is Hari and Hari is Shiva. We the Yajurvedi brahmanas from the eastern part of India chant the verse in our puja as follows:

om namah shivaya vishnurupine vishnave shivarupine
namo anadishaya namo hari haratmane.

Regards,
Sunil KB