[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Sep 6 01:07:02 CDT 2012

What is this Tila Akshata? It may be Tila and Rice mixed.  We should
not use normal Akshate?

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, tilAkshata means raw rice and tila mixed.  rudra is smashANa vAsi,
hence we use tila (like we use in pitru kArya) mixed with tandula.  We
give tarpaNa also with this tilAkshata 'bhavaM devaM tarpayAmi, sharvaM
devaM tarpayAmi etc. and their patni-s also bhavasya devasya
patneestarpayAmi, sharvasya devasya patneestarpayAmi etc. I think because
of rudra is smashANa vAsi, after offering AjyAhuti in hOma, we would wash
our hands (apa upa sprushya) to get rid of ashoucha.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar