[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

Abhishek Madhyastha abhishek046 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:00:48 CDT 2012

Pranams,

If I'm right, the rudra trishati can be recited for archana purpose
while using a bilwa/tulsi leaf for each name. However, in the sri
rudra japa aka Rudraprashnaha abhishekam must be done to the Shiva
linga continuosly till the end of the japa(namaka+chamaka). This can
observed during the Chandramoulishwara puja by H.H Jagadguru Bharati
Tirtha Mahaswami, the Shankaracharya of Sringeri. You can observe many
vaidhiks doing the japa while Mahaswamiji continuosly does abhishekam
to the Chandramoulishwara spatika linga.

-Regards,
Abhishek Madhyastha