[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 22:14:12 CDT 2012

Namaste

Some Vaishnavas say even Moksha is bad and we have to not ask for
Moksha. We have to get born again and again and sing the praise of
Vishnu in every life. No need for Moksha at all. Why they are saying
they don't want Moksha? Because they think in Moksha this Bhagavan and
Bhakta Dvaita will end. But this type of thinking is not there in the
Upanisads.

In Vaikuntha and Brahma Loka the Soul can get any enjoyment by thought
only. If you think I have to enjoy Payasa it will immediately come to
you.  If you think I have to enjoy women they come immediately also.
But in the end the Brahma Loka will get destroyed and the Soul will
become Nirguna Brahman only.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
> In an offline chat, Sri Subrahmanian explained how Sankara comments Ch. Up.
> verses on singing etc. for liberated as metaphorical and the description of
> jivan mukta Indra and Devas. I woul like to challenge it to get to bottom
> of it in terms of understanding. How is such an indirect interpretation
> justified? If upanishads teach that our svarupa in mukti is to relish with
> Ishwara and other Jivas, how can Sankara explain it away to fit advaita?
> Thanks in advance.

Regards

-Venkatesh