[Advaita-l] meaning of shumbha - nishumbha - kaiTabha

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 13:14:31 CDT 2012

Om!

Sri Eswara Satyanarayana Sarma, a well known Devi Upasaka , Guru to many in Andhra, and a prolific writer on Devi Tattva explained the philosophical representation as follows:

Madhu Kaitabha - bahutva vaancha and bahutva aananda, respectively
Raktabija - jeeva bhava (Atma bija acquiring vishessha of jeeva)
Mahishasura - rajo guna (krodha)
Chanda  Munda - pravritti and nivritti, respectively
Shumbha and Nishumbha -  Asmita and Mamata (I and Mine), respectively.

Regards

Srikrishna